Ian was a MVP between 2003-2014, but getting married and having children meant that his community contributions took a back seat for 6 years.
- 2003 - 2008: C# MVP
- 2008 - 2009: Client Application Development MVP
- 2009 - 2010: Windows Client App Dev MVP
- 2010 - 2014: Windows Platform Development MVP
- 2020 - 2022: Developer Technologies MVP
In the last year, Ian has written & published Programming C# 10 by O'Reilly Media, worked with Microsoft to open source Reaqtor, and became a core maintainer. He presented Reaqtor - Reliable Rx at Scale for High-performance Event Processing and Rx as a Service, as well as writing a number of introductory blog posts.
He has also been an active blogger, delving into the nuances of C# and .NET:
- C# 10.0 implicit global using directives
- How C# 10.0 and .NET 6.0 improve ArgumentExceptions
- How .NET 6.0 boosted Ais.Net performance by 20%
- Raising Coding Standards with .NET 6.0 Code Analyzers
- C# 10.0 improves handling of nullable references in generic types - no more AllowNull
- C# 11.0 preview: parameter null checking
- Excel, data loss, IEEE754, and precision
- C# Lambda Discards
As you can see, the award is well deserved!